Alessandra Biondi (Ferrara)

The historical itinerary of Fabriano’s church museum dates back to the 10-11th century and extends until 1785, when it converted into Diocese together with the town of Matelica. The exhibition areas feature several art works: paintings, sculptures, prints, cabinet-making works, holy pots, furnishings, reliquaries and liturgical hangings coming from the local churches. The exhibition begins with ancient sculpture, Agnus Dei, VII-VIII centuries (stone sculpture – Albacina Church) and after a score of paintings and sculptures the exhibition ends with a huge display showing: Vestments, Chasubles/Copes, Calyx, Monstrances, Reliquaries, Chandeliers, a beautiful path.